This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time, so please ensure that you read it carefully each time you supply any data to us.
We are committed to keeping your customer data confidential and will process any information you give us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Data Protection Act 1998 states that personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully. This means you have the right to know how we intend to use your personal data. You can then decide whether you want to provide the information.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Westland Horticulture Ltd is the Data Controller of your data.
We collect the data you provide to us under the ‘Contact Us’,‘Join the Peckish Newsletter’ and ‘Join the Peckish Junior Bird Club Newsletter’ facilities on this Web site. We may also collect data through newsletters, for example if you enter a competition. The data we collect may include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, email address of your parent or guardian, telephone number, and the nature of any enquiry. From time to time we may also collect data as part of customer surveys where more detailed information is collected. We may also request images of you for publication on this Web site or any newsletter.
How we will use your information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- Marketing: in order to give you details of carefully selected products that we believe may interest you, we may ask your permission to e-mail you a regular newsletter.
- Competitions: we may use your information to inform you if you have won a competition.
- Improving our services: we may use you information to improve and personalise our services and content on the Web site.
If you are under 12 years old, and want to register for any service on our Web site (such as a newsletter), we will require permission from a parent or guardian and you must (1) ask your parent or guardian for permission to register, and (2) provide us with an email address for your parent or guardian. We will then email your parent or guardian and ask for their consent for us to provide you with the service. We may also carry out checks to confirm that the information you have provided for your parent or guardian is correct. In some instances, such as if you win a prize, we may wish to publish a photograph of you. If you are under the age of 18, we will contact your parent or guardian to obtain their permission before we request or publish your photograph.
Access to your information
Your information may be provided to third parties in the following situations:
- If we employ another organisation to perform tasks on our behalf, such as designing newsletters. The organisation shall only use your information to fulfil this task; and
- If we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary for legal proceedings.
You can ask us to modify or remove your information from our mailing lists at any time by completing our online form at http://www.peckishbirdfood.com/contact/ or writing to us at Peckish Bird Food, Westland Horticulture Ltd, Alconbury Hill, Huntingdon, PE28 4HY.
Other Web sites